Item No: B7-B
Page Size: 9.25 x 11.75
Pages: 144 (72 Sheets)
Weight: 1.25 lb
The Vela Sciences Advanced Softcover features the full vela layout found in our hardcovers in a durable, economic softcover case with a printed and laminated cover.
- Complete lab-ready design with full user index, numbered pages, user information blocks, and abbreviation and reference chart to keep your work streamlined
- Permanent, tamper-evident, binding is sewn in low page-count signatures to maximize durability of the book and offer more lay-flat pages
- Archival quality acid-free construction for permanent archiving
- Heavyweight (105gsm) paper minimizes distracting ink showthrough
- Made in USA with ECF & SFI certified papers
Page Count: 144
Grid Pages: 134
Page Layout: Grid (5mm) ⓘ
Page Numbers: Yes
User Summary Block: No
Signature & Date Blocks: No ⓘ
Print Color: Non-Repro Blue ⓘ
User Information Page: Yes
User Index: Yes
Abbreviation Table: Yes
Reference Chart: Yes
Paper Caliper: 105 gsm (70 lbs) ⓘ
Paper Whiteness: 91
Paper Smoothness: 5.2
Paper Opacity: 95
Manufacturing: Acid-Free ⓘ
Paper Certifications: SFI & ECF
Ink Base: Soy Base ⓘ
Cover: Printed & Laminated ⓘ
Ribbon Marker: No
Cover Care: Printed covers show wear and fingerprints over time, simply wash with wet rag periodically, if not effective Windex has also shown to be effective on printed cases. DuraCover and ProCover should require minimal care, a wet rag should suffice in cleaning off dust, fingerprints, etc.
Lay-Flat: Sewn book blocks lay more flat with use. To expedite this process open and close and apply pressure to the spine every few pages or so. Smaller books and softcovers intrinsically lay less flat than larger, hardcovers. We, therefore, recommend purchasing large hardcovers when trying to maximize how lay-flat your book will be on the bench.
Adhesives: We recommend an archival, permanent adhesive for applying all printed matter. The industry standard for this application is Neschen Archival Tape.
Storage: Avoid contact with any aggressive solutions, store out of direct sunlight in stable, low humidity conditions. It is generally recommended to store laboratory notebooks in a secure, monitored location.
Guides: Please reference our user guides page for a library of printable guides as well as powerpoints and other teaching aides on lab notebook protocols.